Sunday, April 20, 2014

LinkedIn contacts: the more the better OR is it quality rather than quantity that matters?

When I joined LinkedIn about 10 years ago, it was real fun networking virtually online. As an "early adopter" it has really provided me with a unique advantage.

As a matter of fact, I have used this emerging platform as a tool for generating new contacts within major Telecom operators in Europe. It was really helpful.

I have also received many invitations to connect, and was very easy with accepting new invitations...

At the end of the day, as most of us will agree (hopefully), it's not the quantity but the quality.

One more thing - as a business leader I can say that social media is great for networking as 250 million users can't be wrong... However, I would not use it as prime source but rather as a supportive tool to maintain existing contacts and acquire new ones, if and when relevant.

Great Networker has many face to face contacts which could be easily leveraged toward new, professional contacts.

Meir

No comments:

Post a Comment